<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.natchatproductions.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Wonder Years..how much of this life can we do? : A Tune a Day - blowing my own trumpet!

Tuesday 26 February 2013

A Tune a Day - blowing my own trumpet!

After being inspired to read 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron one of my tasks I've sent myself is to play my trumpet! It suddenly dawned on me that I've actually now not played my trumpet for longer than I played it. So yesterday out came the classic books, The best of the Beatles, along with the soundtrack to Aladdin and I was off in my element! It really was a thrill. Not sure my new neighbours agreed, but they'll learn to live with it. Who doesn't love a Disney theme tune.

I was chatting to a school friend the other day, who is still musical, about how it's such a shame I didn't take my music lessons more seriously at school. I took my Grade 8 whilst doing my A Levels and failed it as I'd not put in the hours to remember the zillions of scales. Also I had a teacher who wasn't stern enough with me, and didn't bully me into learning them. I do wish I'd kept it going, as I remember my Mum always saying 'If you play an intrument you'll always have a way to meet people'. I joined a concert band for a few weeks at Uni, but the temptation of the party lifestyle and having my trumpet stolen meant it was  a short lived experience!


So I'm gonna see how long I can keep up my enthusiasm as I have found a group in Northampton called 'Boobs and Brass', who I'd love to join. I'd say to you if you played something when you were at school, why not try it again. I admit, the harmonica I got for my birthday a year or so again, didn't last long with my practise, but that is only because I felt I was cheating on my trumpet. Did you watch Sue Perkins playing Piano in that Sky Arts series 'First Love' she was another factor to convince me to try it again. I always have been full of hot air!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home