<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.natchatproductions.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Wonder Years..how much of this life can we do? : Making a showreel!

Thursday 17 April 2014

Making a showreel!

How adventurous are you, when it comes to what you can do online? I'm trying to get better at all the free stuff we have access to. A few weeks back I wrote about boosting your profile, so I thought I'd make myself a little 'showreel' from some of the highbrow pieces I've done to a camera seeing as I now have a You Tube channel. I actually managed to put a few clips together using the You Tube editor.. it's almost foolproof and much easier than I thought.


I'm not entirely comfortable in front of a camera which is why I purposefully chose to work in radio. People often say to me, why not do TV but I've never been that fussed with it, I don't think I could handle the pressure. I worry enough about how I look in a picture, never mind on film. My face does odd things that I can't control. Then there's the whole thing of how much weight the camera adds..  Then along came You Tube and we started filming more videos for the radio show, so I had to do more and I realised it could be fun. 

I have now learnt how awful chewing gum looks on the screen ( my mum was right), and how I still do strange things with my face. The other day we made a video after making some food which we had to taste and I was trying to get the food out of my teeth with my tongue, whilst we were filming! No joke (how did I not think you could see me doing that!)
My co-host at Heart is Stuart Miles, who you'll recognise from Blue Peter. These days he's regularly reviewing the papers on Sky News on a Saturday morning and just always looks good on screen. He's got the knack.. 

But I tell myself, you gotta start somewhere, so mine is here on my blog. I'm going to put my face out there a bit as well as my voice. If I can do it, you can too. Why not - make something with your videos. I'm no Spielberg but it's handy to learn a new skill and realise you can do anything if you try!



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home