<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.natchatproductions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Wonder Years..how much of this life can we do? : FINALLY my very own voiceover booth!

Wednesday 24 July 2013

FINALLY my very own voiceover booth!

I've done it! I've got myself a home studio finally. As far the career 'bucket list goes' a breakfast radio show was on there, as was a voiceover booth.

I've actually been doing voiceover work for about eight years, being represented by people. So the actual voicing of the work isn't new to me. But I've always wanted to be set up at home.

It's somewhat daunting when you finally make that thing happen that you've been working towards as now you HAVE to make it work.
I wanted my voiceover booth to be something special, that inspired me to use, so it wasn't like I was shutting myself in a cupboard which is in essence what I've created. Our initial idea was a Dr Who style tardis, but it would have been somewhat ironic as there wouldn't have been the space inside, so my brilliant carpenter friend Joe, came up with this and I loved it. When it came to kitting out the inside, i took ages, trying to work out what was best - not trusting my own judgement as I'm not a sound engineer and there's only SO many blogs and posts and you tube videos you can read about how to set up at home. Having started to get friendly with the voiceover community, I went to VOX (www.voxevents.co.uk) in in April and on talking to Posy one of the brilliant event organisers(@PosyB) she explained there would be a number of manufacturers at the event.

There were, and I got to try mics and chat about what I was doing.. and I made decisions. Firstly I bought myself a Sontronics Orpheus mic (www.sontronics.com) and Lisa was more than wonderful helping me sort everything I needed. Then I met Mark Burford from Lowfold Audio (www.lowfold.com) who doing a session on setting up at home. I explained what I was trying to build as I needed to get my head around the soundproofing as well as the kit - and Mark said to send him my spec. I did and we spoke on the fun and he helped me kit out the studio from foam tiles to my mixer. It didn't stop there, as once everything had been delivered, Mark, talked my through setting everything up via Skype. BRILLIANT.  

I also met Hugh Edwards who gave a fascinating insight into the world of voiceover acting for the Computer Games world and I've since done his day course, along with the legend that is Peter Dickson (www.high-score.co.uk)

So there's lots to be done, with the new booth, new characters to develop (you may have heard my Cheryl Cole impression on my radio show!) It's extremly exciting and if there's one thing you take from all this, is make your dreams come true. No-one else will do it for you. Set you mind to it, do your research, ask for help and you'll be well on your way..



Watch this space to hear what happens next as the #voiceover booth is OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

If you want to talk more about bespoke quotes for your business, email me natalieb@natalieb.co.uk and do LIKE my new NAT CHAT facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NATALIEBTALKSFORME
Pictures taken by the extraordinarily talented www.chelonewolfphotgraphy.co.uk if you'd like to speak to Joseph William about his carpentry skills his email is josephwilliam.enquiries@gmail.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home