<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.natchatproductions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Wonder Years..how much of this life can we do? : Power Arms, never mind Michelle O or Sam Cam - meet my sister in law!

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Power Arms, never mind Michelle O or Sam Cam - meet my sister in law!

When I first watched Linda Hamilton in the Terminator movies,as a teenager,  I decided I wanted arms like her.. she just looked so strong. 
At my wedding last September my arms looked good not quite a good as Linda's but I wasn't too far off!I decided that my lack of six pack wouldn't be seen under my wedding dress, but I could do something about my arms. It took a lot of training, from lifting tyres, rowing, swimming, doing push ups, pull up and watching what I ate.  

Now we hear Michelle Obama and Samantha Cameron, are the latest inspiration for toned arms. These are women with busy schedules, yes they have people helping them yet they make time to get strong and fit. I'm much more comfortable having Michelle as my fitness role model than Lucy from TOWIE who this week I also see launching her fitness website, saying that I can't help but take my hat off to anyone who trains hard, as it is hard work!


To quote Peta Bee in The Times today "It’s no longer the upper arms of the Noughties,  wrist-thin, skinny to the point of creating arm-gap that personal trainers are being asked to achieve, but biceps, triceps and shoulders with tone and without flab."  As you may know my husband is a personal trainer and he's often asked about 'getting too big' by women wanting to tone up but not look like Jodie Marsh.

TAKE NOTE  - you won't! There's no Popeye arms to worry about, you can tone up your upper body with all sorts of different resistance training from swimming to lifting weights, but wasting time on a cross trainer ain't gonna do it.

My current inspiration is my sister in law. She runs a highly successful events company in Manchester, has a family and still has time to train hard with her personal trainer, the result... awesome biceps. Now she's a tall and strong lady and has always been active, but her persistent training highlights how you can maximise you booty!! Check out her arms!


It's important to remember that you need to work on your whole body to get these kind of results. If you're working with a personal trainer, tell him what you want to achieve - don't fear lifting weights - and ask yourself are you just making excuses? You'll burn fat much quicker doing resistance work and be thrilled with the results. If you don't have a trainer, look into doing work with kettle bells or VIPR's which provide resistance with movement and are much more fun than using machines in the gym. You gym should should have them, if not ask them. If there's toning classes sign up and if you've tried it, add Pilates to the mix. The key word here is 'mix'. Make sure you change what you're doing, to keep it fun and interesting, what's the point in doing the same thing over and over again. 

If you're not sure where to start follow @lifestyledeluxe. Yes this is my hubby's twitter, but you might as well get it from the horses mouth.. 


Here's to banishing bingo wings forever x

Check out www.freshwebsite.co.uk

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home